This article is designed for: User Type: Admins & Payroll Managers Access: Web Browser
If you receive the A Xero Pay Item assigned to (Staff Name) is missing or invalid error message, it generally means the pay item set in RosterElf no longer exists in Xero or the pay rule in RosterElf is missing a Xero pay item.
There are two spots to check when fixing the error, which depend on whether the staff member is set up as salary or wages, and if they are on wages, which pay template is assigned to them. If you already know, you can skip to the relevant section below.
If you are unsure, you can filter your staff that are on salary using the Staff Tab Filters. If they show on this list, they are salary. For all other staff, they are wages.
Fixing the error for Salary staff
- Head to the Staff tab and click on the staff member.
- Click on the Payroll tab.
- Select the correct Xero Pay Item for the staff member's salary.
- If it looks like it's already correct, select another pay item and then reselect the correct one.
Fixing the error for Wage staff
- Click on the Settings tab and select Payroll.
- Click on the Pay Template(s) assigned to that staff member and look for anything that looks wrong or missing in each of the tabs across the top of the Pay Template.
Example of a missing pay item
Check each tab for the Pay Template
- If everything looks correct, try changing the Xero Pay Item and then reselecting the correct one for each of the Pay Rules.
- Repeat for all Pay Templates that were assigned to the staff member.