This article is designed for: User Type: Admins Device: Web Browser (Computer)
Now that you have your Sites and Positions. You can start adding Staff. As you enter each staff member, you will be able to assign them to the various sites they can work at and the positions they can perform.
You will also see the option to add on-costs like Superannuation, Holiday Leave, and Sick Leave, which will assist the rostering calculations.
Make sure to add their contact details (email and mobile number), so they are automatically notified later when rosters are published.
Once the staff member is added, they will be notified via email, prompted to download the RosterElf App, and requested to update their availability.
1. Click on the Staff tab at the top of your screen.
2. You can either click the Plus (+) button to the top left of the screen to add a new staff member or click on an existing Staff member to open up the Info tab.
3. Fill in their details (name, email, mobile, DOB). Then click Update.
We'll cover the rest of the tabs on the staff card later.
TIP: Our 'getting started' articles are designed to familiarise you with each section of RosterElf with simple steps. However, if you have a lot of staff, you can save time by Importing staff from a CSV template or Importing Staff from Xero.
In RosterElf, a Manager or Assistant Manager (also known as Site Manager) are staff with more permissions than a regular staff member. Site Managers are assigned to Site(s) by Admins by going into specific Site(s) on the Sites screen. Their permissions allow them to approve or make changes for staff ONLY on the sites you have them set up as a manager.
When deciding whether to make someone a Manager or Assistant Manager, please consider the following permissions:
Managers - Assign someone to this permission level if you want them to roster staff, approve leave and approve shift swaps. They will also see financial information about staff wages so that they can work within a budget for your labour costs.
Assistant Managers - Assign someone to this permission level if you want them to roster staff, approve leave and approve shift swaps. They won't see financial information about staff wages, which means this permission level is perfect for someone that needs to roster staff, but you don't want them to know what others are being paid.
NOTE: If you have created a Position called Manager and don't want all staff assigned to the 'manager position' to have additional permissions, rest assured that labelling someone with a position of manager is unrelated to this feature and to avoid confusion in this article, I will use the term Site Manager(s).
A summary of permissions granted are:
- Dashboard - View/Approve information like leave, shift swaps, time clock and availability
- Staff - Add/Remove staff, call or text staff
- Roster - Add/Edit shifts
A detailed list of permissions can be found here.
1. Go back to the Sites tab.
2. Select a Site (or Add a Site.)
3. Go to the Mangers tab or Assistants tab to assign Staff to one of the Site Manager(s) roles.
4. Click on the Plus (+) on either of the above tabs.
5. Select the Staff and click Update.
|Prev: Adding Positions||Next Up: Creating a Roster|