This article is designed for: User Type: Admins Device: Web Browser (Computer)
Before assigning pay templates to staff, you must create the template in payroll settings. To learn more about Pay Templates, click here. You also must have assigned the Positions and Sites they work to the staff member for the pay templates to show.
Adding pay templates to staff helps make budgeting accurate when rostering and allows you to export payroll information to several software providers.
Follow the below instructions to assign pay templates to staff.
1. Click the Staff tab, then select the staff member you want to assign pay templates to.
2. Click the Payroll tab.
3. Ensure the Type of Employment selected is Casual/Part-time/Full-time.
4. Select how you apply the Pay template with the Apply Award by choice.
When applying templates to staff, you are given two options.
Site: This works by applying different pay templates depending on what site the staff member is rostered to work at. This is helpful when each site on the account is a different department that may have a different industry award. The staff will be paid according to that award rate when working at site A. Then when working at site B, the staff will be paid according to another award rate.
Position: This works by applying different pay templates based on the different positions a staff member could work. This is helpful when a staff member can work as a manager/supervisor and a regular staff member. When working the position of manager/supervisor, they will be paid at a different pay template than when they work as a regular staff member.
5. Once you have decided how you want to apply the pay templates (by site or by position), you can select the template that applies to each. Click the dropdown next to each site or position and select from the pay templates you have created.
6. Click Update to save the changes.