This article is designed for: User Type: Admins & Payroll Managers Device: Web Browser (Computer)
RosterElf is an approved add-on to Xero, which means you can connect your RosterElf and Xero account seamlessly and send all the payroll data directly across each pay run.
Please note: Xero payroll is only supported in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Both software has an API integration which means there is no need to upload a payroll file into Xero. Instead, once you approve your payroll data in RosterElf, it is sent directly into your Xero account as a draft timesheet.
1. Click on the Payroll tab on the top menu of your RosterElf account.
2. Select a Week and Select a Site, that you wish to process.
3. If some staff in the roster you are trying to process cannot be found based on their name in your Xero account, this window will show you a list of Unmatched Staff for you to match manually (If you don't see this popup, skip to step 4). These will be indicated in red. To manually match staff that are not linked, click on Match With Xero.
Another pop-up window will then appear with a list of possible staff names in Xero for you to choose from.
Once you find the correct employee name from Xero, click it, and the employee records will be matched.
If you cannot find the employee, it is most likely the employee does not exist in your Xero account.
Therefore, we recommend at this point, you log into your Xero account and add the employee before proceeding.
4. Once you have finalised the step above or if you didn't have to fix any issues. You will land on the Payroll screen.
This view shows several columns per day for every shift, including:
- Rostered Times
- Clock-in-out Times
- Auto Rounded Times
5. For each shift, you need to select one of these options. If you want to have a custom time for payroll that is different from the Rostered and Clock-in-Out Times, you can type in the fields in the Custom column.
As you make your selection, you will notice the Approved Times and Estimated Cost columns and the Financial Summary table will automatically calculate statistics including labour cost, labour percentage, average pay rate and total hours. If you are a sales-based business, you can enter your ACTUAL sales results and know live what your labour percentage to sales is per day and for the week.
6. To enter sales targets, click on a day of the week and type into the $ field. Then repeat this for each day, adding your target for that day.
7. At the end of each row, by clicking on the 'i' icon on the shift, you can view more information.
8. If you have any shifts that were not rostered, you can also add them manually to payroll by clicking the Add Shift button.
9. If you do not wish for some of the employees to be included in the exported payroll file, you can untick their records as per below.
11. A popup will show the list of staff that have leave in the period. To approve the leave, you tick the staff members leave, enter the number of hours to be processed and select the type of leave from your Xero account, then click Save.
12. If you need to come back to finish Payroll at a later date, you can click Save at any point. Once your reviews have been done and you are happy with the hours to be processed, click Process to proceed.
13. A new window will appear with summary information. To confirm select Process Payroll.
NOTE: If you have an existing timesheet in Xero for the same pay period, the timesheet should be overridden.
Draft timesheets appear in Xero
Lastly, log into your Xero account. You will see RosterElf has sent all the approved staff hours, broken down by pay item/rules, directly to your Xero account. Simply process your payroll in Xero as usual.