This article is designed for: User Type: Admins & Payroll Managers Device: Web Browser (Computer)
RosterElf can export approved pay hours with award interpretation as a MYOB formatted TXT file.
This file allows you to use the MYOB timesheet import function to create timesheets in your MYOB Account Right program.
When creating these pay templates, you must ensure that all the Wage Rules used to create a pay template (in RosterElf) are identical to those in your MYOB account. Ensure the correct spacing and capitalisation are used at all times. A single incorrect letter will cause hours sent to MYOB to be read/imported incorrectly under that rule.
Typically, a pay template will consist of 4 different rules:
- A rule covering off the Monday – Friday hours (typically called Base Hourly)
- A rule for Saturday
- A rule for Sunday
- A Public Holiday rule
Additional common rules include:
- Early morning rule (usually Midnight – 7 am)
- Evening rule (usually 7 pm – Midnight)
Here is an example of creating a template using the rules from our demo account.
The best way to create the template in RosterElf is to have MYOB and your RosterElf account open simultaneously and copy the wage rule name from MYOB to RosterElf.
1. In RosterElf, click the Settings tab and select Payroll.
2. In the Select Payroll Format box, select Export Payroll as a TXT file for MYOB.
3. In the Payroll Entity box, click the Plus (+) button, give the entity a name and click Create. Then click the X to close the popup.
4. Click on the Standard template in the Pay Templates box.
5. You can rename the template if you prefer.
6. Copy a MYOB Wage name into the Rule Name section.
7. Click Add, and you can define when this rule applies. For the example below, the Base Hourly rule we have just added will be applied Monday – Friday from 7 am – 7 pm.
If you only use 1 rule to pay your staff for the day (e.g., you are not open outside ordinary hours), ensure the rule is still applied for the total 24 hours to avoid errors when saving the template.
Any rules not needed for your pay template should be deleted by hovering over the rule and clicking the red X on the right-hand side.
8. Once you have added all the rules into the pay template (ensuring you cover all 24 hours in each of the seven days), you will be able to save the template by clicking Save Rules in the bottom right-hand corner of the popup window. If there are no errors, RosterElf will confirm that the template has been successfully saved.
All the rules you have used to create the pay template in RosterElf must already be assigned to the staff member in MYOB for the import to run smoothly.
All names in RosterElf must be identical in MYOB. Please remove middle names and ensure and ensure correct capitalisation.