This article is designed for: User Type: Admins & Payroll Managers Access: Web Browser
This article covers how to set up your MYOB accounting package to be able to import payroll TXT files from RosterElf.
Before sending your payroll information directly from your RosterElf account to MYOB via TXT file, you must ensure you have followed these three steps to set up your MYOB account correctly.
Set up your payroll categories
1. Log in to your MYOB account and go to the Payroll tab. Select Payroll Categories to display your current list of payroll categories.
Please ensure all payroll categories you require are present and add any new ones your business needs.
For a quick video on this topic: How to Setup Payroll Categories in MYOB
These Payroll Categories will be the basis of the RosterElf Pay Templates.
Check staff names match RosterElf
1. Navigate to the Card File tab and click the Card List button
2. Choose the Employee tab to see a complete list of your employees in MYOB.
3. Ensure that all your staff names in MYOB match precisely in the RosterElf staff tab, with no added spaces or special characters.
Please note that RosterElf displays the name First Name then Last Name; however, MYOB, by default, displays Last Name then First Name.
Ensure payroll categories are enabled for all staff
1. Click on each employee record and the Payroll Details tab.
2. Select the Wages tab on the left of the screen. You can see all of the wages categories for that employee.
3. Please ensure the Wage Categories you wish to use are ticked for that employee.
4. Repeat this process for all employees in your MYOB account.