This article is designed for: User Type: All Users - Employees, Admins and Managers Device: Smartphone
RosterElf's smartphone app help remind staff of their shifts and to clock in and out. The app also helps notify staff of shift swaps, the results of any leave requests submitted, and various other functions.
The app does this using push notification technology, like when you receive a new text message or any other app notification on your smartphone.
If you're having trouble seeing push notifications, please follow this guide to troubleshoot the common reasons for either iOS or Android.
iOS (including iPadOS)
Check your Settings App
First, we want to turn on notifications for RosterElf.
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. To reveal the search bar, you need to scroll up slightly on the page by tapping and swiping down in the middle of your screen.
3. Click in the search bar at the top of your screen and start typing RosterElf.
4. Select the RosterElf search result.
5. Tap on Notifications.
6. We recommend you have the following settings match the screenshot below.
1. Open your phone's Settings app.
2. Tap Notifications App settings.
3. Under "Most recent," find apps that recently sent you notifications.
4. To find more apps, in the dropdown menu, tap All apps.
5. Tap the app.
6. Turn on the app's notifications.
Tip: If you don't see "Recently sent," you're using an older Android version. Instead, tap App notifications and tap an app.
RosterElf Profile Settings
Next, check to see if all the in-app settings are on. By default, they are.
1. Open RosterElf on your phone and login if required. Then, select the RosterElf icon at the top left of your screen.
2. Tap My Info.
3. Check that all the toggles are on, as shown below.
Testing whether the notifications are working can be tricky as you will need to wait for a new event to occur that triggers a notification to be sent. However, if you've done the above and still have not received a notification when your managers have confirmed they have sent you something, please reach out to our support team.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book a free 15-minute video call with our RosterElf Customer Success Team
- Live Chat: The green 'question mark support button' to the bottom right of your browser
Please sign in to leave a comment.